EC is consistent with Attachment Parenting because it:14. Encourages the development of a trusting relationship with children through communication about a basic human need.
15. Reinforces use of a sling. Sling time increases parent/baby communication and leads to "success" with EC.
16. Fosters greater security in a baby: "Mommy and Daddy listen to what I am saying and respond to my needs."
17. Explains why a baby may not sleep through the night: she wakes when she needs to eliminate.
18. Provides an additional positive response to a crying baby: a parent can see if the baby's need to eliminate is causing her distress or discomfort.
19. Increases comfort of carrying a baby: there is less bulk than a diaper and it feels better for both caregiver and baby.
EC supports good health because it:
EC supports breastfeeding because it:
EC is consistent with Attachment Parenting because it:
EC is good for the Environment because it:
EC can be fun because it:
EC supports positive child development and enhances capabilities because it:
EC supports a caregiverís development/capability/psychology because it:
EC improves sibling relationships and enriches their lives because it:
EC leads to happy babies and happy parents because:
EC saves families money because it:
EC leads to a different perspective on babies and culture:
EC supports positive relationships and can reduce the need to discipline a child because it:
EC is historically and culturally respectful because it:
EC is convenient because it: